Though manufactured soap flakes are more convenient, it isn't hard to whip up a batch yourself if you have a few spare minutes with items that are probably hanging around your house already.
- Place a cheese grater over a few paper towels or paper plate (something bendable to catch the shavings).
- Grate soap on a medium size so that the shavings are about the size of a grain of rice.
- Pour shavings into the container you wish to store them in.
- Store in a cool dry place in an air tight container until you are ready to use.
What You Need
- Coarse Cheese Grater
- Vegetable Oil (Castille) Based Soap
- Water Tight Container
- Optional: Thick Gloves